Translate

10.12.2009

31 Horror Favs (#20) - Scooby Doo

Scooby-Doo




Scooby Doo, Where Are You? debuted on CBS in 1969. Though it has through various spin off transformations and networks has been on air ever since with the crew of Scooby, Shaggy, Freddie, Daphne, and Velma riding along the countryside in their van aptly named "The Mystery Machine" stumbling upon a ghost or monster menacing the locals. The gang starts to solve the mystery which of course turns out to be a person in disguise who is doing this to profit in some way. After being caught they utter the phrase "And I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you pesky kids!" Or something similar.





What I loved most about the cartoon was the classic villians. Who can forget the trio of cackling ghosts or the Creeper. Sure it always turned out to be a person in a costume, but that never stopped the fun, schenanigans, and frights from happening.

This cartoon was an large part of my childhood. I've probably seen each episode of the original version countless times each and many other episodes of the spin off series. I could watch these shows right now and still be entertained. A true original that captured the hearts of many of the kids from my generation and on.

And for the record...Scrappy annoys the hell out of me.








Creative Commons License



Digg!


submit to reddit

No comments: