Translate

10.02.2009

31 Horror Favs (#30) - Resident Evil video game series

Resident Evil


These days I don't have a lot of time to spend playing long, adventure games. Nor do I own a cool gaming console like a Wi, PS3, or X-Box either. Hell my PC wont evil play many video games. But back in the day, the Resident Evil video game series had me addicted.

I spent countless hours on RE1 as both Chris Renfield and Jill Valentine. I worked my way around the spooky mansion trying to find out answers to way happened to the first STARS team to be sent in. The game was ended up very rewarding and wanted more.

RI2 quickly became one of my all time favorite games. Traveling through Raccon City blowing heads off the undead was just too much damn fun. I played each storyline through, first as Claire Renfield and then as Leon Kennedy. The game blew me away with it's depth of holding two separate, yet connected, storylines, thus making the game playable twice to get the whole story. It took me forever to beat this one.

As my time became less free, I managed to get all the way through RE3. This ended up being the final game in the series I would finish. I took Jill through the city looking for answers and battling the damn near impossible to kill Nemesis. It turned out to be another fun game.

I started Codename: Veronica, but never got very far into the game. It would be the last RE game I would play.


The series has spun off three more lines in the tale (Outbreak series, Survivor series, Umbrella Chronicles), novelizations, feature movies, and animated films. It's a very successful franchise. The series is still going strong as it adapts to different gaming formats and continues telling the story of the Umbrella Company.

Maybe some day I'll be able to pick up playing this survival-horror game series again.


Resident Evil (main series games)
1. Resident Evil
2. Resident Evil 2
3. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
4. Code: Veronica
5. Resident Evil Zero
6. Resident Evil 4


7. Resident Evil 5





Survivor game series
1. Survivor
2. Survivor 2
3. Dead Aim

Outbreak game series
1. Outbreak
2. Outbreak: File #2

Chronicles game series
1. The Umbrella Chronicles


2. The Darkside Chronicles





Creative Commons License



Digg!


submit to reddit

No comments: