Translate

10.08.2009

31 Horror Favs (#24) - 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King

'Salem's Lot by Stephen King




Truth be told, I can throw a few of Stephen King's novels in here. But the one that I felt was the creepiest and gave me the most chills is Salem's Lot.

The story of a town slowly getting taken over by vampires remains one of my all time favorites. It's perfectly crafted.

This was a book I listened to while driving one of many trips across country for work. It remains the most spine tingling book to ever blaze from my speakers. I flat out got the willeys during some parts, especially at night. I enjoyed it so much that I read the book a couple of years later. Thankfully it remained just as powerful.

If you are a Stephen King fan and have not read this classic tale of fright. Stop what you are doing and pick up this book immediately!


There has also been two miniseries made from the book. I prefer the first one, directed by Tobe Hooper.






Creative Commons License



Digg!


submit to reddit

1 comment:

Joe said...

This is my favorite SK story and one of my all-time favorite vampire books (second only to Bram Stoker's "Dracula").

You are right on in the suggestion that if someone has not checked this tale out, they need to do it ... now!