Translate

10.12.2010

My Favorite Possesion, Satanic, & Demonic Movies

This time around we're talking about similar sub-genres. Movies dealing possession of a human soul/spirit, satanic rites & worship, and/or demons in general.

Here are my favorite 8


* The Exorcist (1973)
The Exorcist (The Version You've Never Seen)
There are scenes in this movie which send chills down my spine to this very day. Perhaps it's because I was around 12 years old when I first watched it. To me, this is and always be an all time classic in horror.


* Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn (1987)
Evil Dead II
While I find the original far more scary and less humorous then sequel, which is essential a bigger budget remake. The tone is a little more light hearted. And who doesn't enjoy a good chainsaw hand.


* Rosemary's Baby (1968)
Rosemary's Baby
I cannot even comprehend the idea of being a pregnant woman and the fear they must go through while a child grows inside them. Now throw the fact your husband made a deal with the devil (fame for child) and a group of Satan worshipers who want to raise spawn and that exceeds a new level of madness. A top notch movie.


* The Beyond (1981)
The Beyond
Lucio Fulchi at it again with this gory tale about a house that has a passage to Hell inside it. Mind boggling visuals at time. It's always good for a gag reflex moment.


* Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005)
The Exorcism of Emily Rose - Unrated (Special Edition)
Something about this movie really got under my skin when I watched it the first time. It's superbly acted and it's slow burning ride until the end.


* The Omen (1976)
The Omen (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
What happens when you find out your son is the child of Satan? Well if you're Gregory Peck, you do want needs to be done. Nip it in the bud. Seriously it's a great flick.


* House of the Devil (2009)
The House of the Devil
Another slow burning moving which relies heavily on suspense instead of the gross out moment. The final act caught me off guard, which is a good thing.


* The Prophecy (1995)
The Prophecy
I may be an atheist, but I love me a good story about the battle between Heaven and Hell. Angels battle against each other for the fate of mankind.





Creative Commons License Digg! submit to reddit

No comments: